dimanche 10 février 2019

“Theon,” he repeated. “My name is Theon. You have to know your name.”

  

→→The trees all had faces, and they were laughing at him, and the howl came again. He could smell the hot breath of the beasts behind him, a stink of brimstone and corruption. They're dead, I saw them killed, he tried to shout, I saw their heads dipped in tar...
→→“This was never what I wanted,” he told them as he worked. “They gave me no choice.” The corpses made no answer, but only grew colder and heavier.
→→I had no choice, he wanted to scream at the corpse. The ironborn can't keep secrets, they had to die, and someone had to take the blame for it. He only wished he had killed him cleaner. Ned Stark had never needed more than a single blow to take a man's head.
 A Clash Of Kings, Theon V

→→Theon felt as though he were drowning. Why am I surprised ? he thought bleakly. His father had forsaken him, his uncles, his sister, even that wretched creature Reek. Why should his men prove any more loyal ?
→→Turncloak. The name was bitter as bile.
→→Of late it seemed to him as if the very stones of Winterfell had turned against him. If I die, I die friendless and abandoned. What choice did that leave him, but to live ?
 A Clash Of Kings, Theon VI

 

→→We are ironborn, he thought, with a sudden flash of pride, and for half a heartbeat he was a prince again, Lord Balon's son, the blood of Pyke. Even thinking was dangerous, though. He had to remember his name. Reek, my name is Reek, it rhymes with weak. A Dance with Dragons, Reek II

→→The old gods, he thought. They know me. They know my name. I was Theon of House Greyjoy. I was a ward of Eddard Stark, a friend and brother to his children. "Please." He fell to his knees. "A sword, that's all I ask. Let me die as Theon, not as Reek." Tears trickled down his cheeks, impossibly warm. "I was ironborn. A son ... a son of Pyke, of the islands." A Dance with Dragons, A Ghost in Winterfell

→→That was long ago, though. They were all dead now. Jory, old Ser Rodrik, Lord Eddard, Harwin and Hullen, Cayn and Desmond and Fat Tom, Alyn with his dreams of knighthood, Mikken who had given him his first real sword. Even Old Nan, like as not.
→→And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I ? I should have died with him.
 A Dance with Dragons, Theon I

  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire