vendredi 8 février 2019

“So many vows... they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

   

→→The world was simpler in those days, Jaime thought, and men as well as swords were made of finer steel. Or was it only that he had been fifteen ? They were all in their graves now, the Sword of the Morning and the Smiling Knight, the White Bull and Prince Lewyn, Ser Oswell Whent with his black humor, earnest Jon Darry, Simon Toyne and his Kingswood Brotherhood, bluff old Sumner Crakehall. And me, that boy I was... when did he die, I wonder ? When I donned the white cloak ? When I opened Aerys's throat ? That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead. A Storm of Swords, Jaime VIII

→→I've lost a hand, a father, a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister won this war. A Storm of Swords, Jaime IX

 

→→The man reddened. "My lord grandfather . . . if we hang the man we have no hostage, ser. Have you considered that?"
→→"Only a fool makes threats he's not prepared to carry out. If I were to threaten to hit you unless you shut your mouth, and you presumed to speak, what do you think I'd do?"
→→"Ser, you do not unders—"
→→Jaime hit him. It was a backhand blow delivered with his golden hand, but the force of it sent Ser Ryman stumbling backward into the arms of his whore. "You have a fat head, Ser Ryman, and a thick neck as well. Ser Ilyn, how many strokes would it take you to cut through that neck ?
A Feast for Crows, Jaime VI

→→He would have to face her, he supposed. Assuming the High Septon had not put her to death by the time he got back to the city. "Come at once," she had written, in the letter he'd had Peck burn at Riverrun. "Help me. Save me. I need you now as I have never needed you before. I love you. I love you. I love you. Come at once." Her need was real enough, Jaime did not doubt. As for the rest ... she's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and Moon Boy for all I know ... Even if he had gone back, he could not hope to save her. She was guilty of every treason laid against her, and he was short a sword handA Dance with Dragons, Jaime I

  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire