mardi 12 février 2019

“A smuggler must be a fair judge of men.”

   

→→Storm's End dwindled behind them, but the red woman seemed unconcerned. "Are you a good man, Davos Seaworth ?" she asked.
→→Would a good man be doing this ? "I am a man," he said. "I am kind to my wife, but I have known other women. I have tried to be a father to my sons, to help make them a place in this world. Aye, I've broken laws, but I never felt evil until tonight. I would say my parts are mixed, m'lady. Good and bad."
→→"A grey man," she said. "Neither white nor black, but partaking of both. Is that what you are, Ser Davos ?"
 A Clash of Kings, Davos II

→→Seaworth had a lordly ring to it, but down deep he was still Davos of Flea Bottom, coming home to his city on its three high hills. He knew as much of ships and sails and shores as any man in the Seven Kingdoms, and had fought his share of desperate fights sword to sword on a wet deck. But to this sort of battle he came a maiden, nervous and afraid. Smugglers do not sound warhorns and raise banners. When they smell danger, they raise sail and run before the wind. A Clash of Kings, Davos III

→→"I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning . . . burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?" The king moved, so his shadow fell upon King's Landing. "If Joffrey should die . . . what is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?"
→→"Everything," said Davos, softly.
 A Storm of Swords, Davos V

 

→→The enormity of the lie made Davos gasp. "Is it your claim that Robb Stark killed Wendel Manderly?" he asked the Frey.
→→"And many more. Mine own son Tytos was amongst them, and my daughter's husband. When Stark changed into a wolf, his northmen did the same. The mark of the beast was on them all. Wargs birth other wargs with a bite, it is well-known. It was all my brothers and I could do to put them down before they slew us all."
→→The man was smirking as he told the tale. Davos wanted to peel his lips off with a knife. "Ser, may I have your name?"
→→"Ser Jared, of House Frey."
→→"Jared of House Frey, I name you liar."
 A Dance with Dragons, Davos III

→→I was a better smuggler than a knight, he had written to his wife, a better knight than a King's Hand, a better King's Hand than a husband. I am so sorry. Marya, I have loved you. Please forgive the wrongs I did you. A Dance with Dragons, Davos IV

  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire